FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
• What do I need to visit an inmate? You need a computer with high speed internet, a web camera and microphone. Click here to see detailed system requirements. You will also need a credit card to pay a fee when scheduling a visitation session.
• If I don’t have a credit card how can I pay for visitation? You can purchase a prepaid money card from Wal-Mart or Target . You can refill the money card as often as you like. YOU MUST REGISTER YOUR CARD ONLINE BEFORE USE. (SEE THE BACK OF YOUR CARD FOR DETAILS.)
• How do I schedule a visit after I have registered on the website? Click here for instructions on scheduling a visit.
• I registered on the website, but when I try to schedule a visit I don’t see the facility name in the list. If you don’t see the facility name in the list while trying to schedule a visit, that facility has not elected to allow public visitation on the internet.
• I don’t see the inmate’s name in the list when I try to schedule a visit? Click here to ensure you’re typing the last name correctly. If you still cannot locate the correct inmate, the inmate may not yet be fully booked into the system, or the inmate may have already been released from custody.
• What should I do when it’s time for my session? We highly recommend you log in well in advance and verify that your microphone and camera are working properly. Click here for instructions on using the hardware verification wizard.
• I cannot get past the microphone selection screen. Click here to troubleshoot microphone problems.
• I cannot get past the camera selection screen. Click here to troubleshoot camera problems.
• I cannot get past the bandwidth checker screen. The bandwidth checker verifies that you have appropriate bandwidth prior to visitation. If the bandwidth checker shows that your bandwidth is too low, we recommend upgrading to a high speed internet connection.
• The Hardware Verification Wizard says that port 1935 is closed. What should I do? Port 1935 must be open for you to conduct visits. Contact your network administrator to ensure that your firewall is not blocking 1935.
• I can see the person I’m trying to visit, but they can’t hear me. Click here to troubleshoot microphone problems.
• I can see the person I’m trying to visit, but I can’t hear them. Click here to troubleshoot speaker problems.
• I need instructions and training on all the features of the system. Click here to access the visitor’s user guide.
• What is your refund policy? Click here to view our refund policy.
• Are my sessions recorded and monitored? Yes. Unless you are a professional visitor and the agency has approved your professional status (e.g. Attorneys).
• Can multiple parties join an internet visit with a single inmate at the same time from different computers? Yes, IP Web Visitor supports multiple internet visitors at the same time. All parties participating in the visit must be approved visitors. Each remote visitor will incur a charge for the visit, which will be paid by the scheduling party.
|COPYRIGHT 2014 IPWEBVISITOR.COM. | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED|